Thursday, January 5

Off to a great start!

Remember when I told you I was going to do something nice every month in 2012? (It was so long ago... like 2 posts ago or something. :-)) Well, yesterday was the first time I had the opportunity to do something.

I was in Starbucks drive-thru, getting a coffee much later than I needed one. (Hello, 11am!) The young lady behind me was driving a bright yellow mustang, or something like that. She looked really young! Anyhoo, the Sbux gal and I were chatting while my coffee was being made, and she told me the girl behind me ordered a 16 oz peppermint mocha with 1/2 a shot of espresso. 1/2 a shot?! What kind of person orders a 1/2 shot? In that moment, I pulled out my wallet and paid for her drink.

I'm not sure if she cared at all that she just got a free drink, but that's not why I did it. She didn't wave. She didn't have a funny look on her face. She just drove off with her free drink and was on her way. And ya know what? I didn't care. Maybe someday she'll pay it forward, but that's not important.

It just feels good to do nice things. That's all. Try it, and see how you feel. Knowing you're a good person doing nice things changes you. You worry less about what other people think of you, and concentrate more on what you think of you. That's what's really important. You, being proud of who you are.

So, have you ever done this before? What other things have you done to pay it forward and make someone's day? I'd love to hear more ideas! Besides, I have a whole 12 months to fill. I need your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment